Cancer Awareness does not end with the commemoration of World Cancer Day. We Can, l Can continue to lead healthier lives, and support those affected by cancer. This is a challenge for everyone - not just the Ministry of Health and Wellness. The following are some of the support structures available:
- Mark The Hope For Childhood Cancer and Autism Trust
- Childhood Cancer Parents Association
- Botswana-Baylor Children's Clinical Centre of Excellence
- TXCH Global HopeTXCH Global Hope
- Happy Hearts project by Ladies Circle, Botswana
Cancer in Adults:
- The Fighters Support Group
- Cancer Association of Botswana
- Journey of Hope Botswana
- Holy Cross Hospice
- Ramotswa Hospice at Home
- Botswana Hospice and Palliative Care Association
Thank you to everyone who attended the World Cancer Day event, at Maruapula School. From the courageous Survivor and Caregiver who shared their stories, to the visionary speakers who shared their hopes and plans for changing the local cancer narrative, and the talented Maru-a-pula learners who kept us entertained (and informed)...le kamoso.
The Journey of Hope Botswana is a not for profit organisation of volunteers whose aim is to promote breast cancer awareness in the country.